Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the chair.....comment

Sporting News - Rankjosh-waBlog | Feb 07, 2010 03:02 PM
 
Well.... jeez Dad... I found myself sitting here on a rare day off thinking about you and how we haven't spoke in a while and how your Oilers stink and how my Leafs won last night and I said to myself "I wonder what he's been writing".....

Then I read this and to be honest it meshed perfectly with the way I have been feeling. A lot has changed since the days when that chair provided comfort for our consistently shared love of sports. But the underlying reason for those Weekday Evenings and Weekend Days hasn't. No matter the distance we are apart or the time since we last spoke, the fact remains that I love you. Every time I sit down for my nightly highlight package, or the rare opportunity to watch a full game of anything, I think about you and if you have seen that play or what you think about this or that.
That will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment