Thursday, August 19, 2010

square in the package!

Ryan Smyth is my kinda hockey player. He continues to prove his worth some three years after leaving the Oilers unceromoniously.

He has been named recently to the current Canadian World Cup team perpetuating his most revered claim to fame as ' Captain Canada '.

Congratulations Ryan and good luck!

The following is what I wrote about my feelings on this matter way back in May of 2007.






Once while sowing my oats in the mining town of Sudbury Ontario, Canada I took a fancy to a girl in a redneck bar. The International Hotel. Well, little did I know she was the owners wife and he was six foot many with a jealous disposition.

I like to dance as much as the next guy, but not with so many partners. By the time he and his friends were done with me it was all I could do to pick myself up and thank him for the wonderful evening.

Imagine my surprise when as I turned to leave the wife hauls off and kicks me square in the package! I dropped like a baptist at a prayer meeting!

Not until the 'Ryan Smyth debacle' have I experienced anything as deflating as that blow to the jewels! Its as though Lowe was the husband and Smyth the wife!

Although I have finally retrieved my wind and am now able to stand tall I'm not altogether sure I'm prepared to go back to that bar, at least not under current management.






I know I was a little melodramatic at the time but you know it still smarts when I think about it. Perhaps you have had a similar let down. A kick in the nuts that still leaves you speaking an octave higher when you recall the moment.

Please feel free to share.

Good to see our friend bigtoke over his kick ion the nuts. Welcome home.








No comments:

Post a Comment