Wednesday, August 18, 2010

a prayer to the hockey gods

I first posted this Feb. 12 2007 but feel that its worth saying again now.

On my knees! Over and over! again!



This re-post inspired by our friend landon13456 and his recent entry 'OV King'




Often I am harassed for wearing my Oiler logos through thick or thin but am rewarded in the long run with respect for my unwavering loyalty.

Little do they know that under the Oiler hat, underwear, socks and tattoo is a cavernous shell of a fan, void of joy, fixed on maintaining his bruised heart till next time.

Next time his team breaches the threshold of success hoping that beyond all hope a Savior, a man of the twine will lead his Oiler Nation to the promised land and deliver us from temptation.


Amen
!





Yeah seems a bit over the top but the truth is being a fan is hard work! The temptation I speak to in my little prayer is to forget why your a fan.

The game was your first love, be true to that and it will carry you through!









No comments:

Post a Comment