Wednesday, August 18, 2010

'Ya Can't Let Cancer Ruin Your Day'

March 2003.

Financial ruin, failed business halted progress, stripped naked of where with all I stand bare to all who know me. Those I love prove they love me daily, many who profess friendship drift away. To be fair my inability to deal with shame, real or contrived, does not make for pleasant company.

July 2007.

All efforts to remain in our world exhausted I/We strike out, kicking and screaming sheer terror grips tight as we to a false comfort zone.

June 2009.

My lot is one that many share. It is the believe I have not come first, which proves elusive to many, comforts on many days of doubt and insecurity.

You see, although I have my Wife, Kids, Grandchildren and health this man of optimism, keeper of faith, Father , can still rank as guilty. Guilty of wallowing in self pity, regret chokes my spirit and clouds horizons.

Fact is we survive, having now permanent employment has helped curb anxiety and insecurity. Each day, week, month, year produces more prove life is perpetual, love and hope are real. Every day someone else lives through us, every day we regress someones hope is dieing. It is this truth that drives me now, I don't want to be complicit.

Earlier tonight I watched a W-5 special. On that show we learned of a child with cancer, a most dreaded form of this despicable disease. James Birrell, man I hope I spelled that correctly.

This child, at eight, had more insight on life and its virtues than this old man does. In fact my problems pale in contrast to the burden he bore in seven short seasons. I am not good with stats, as you all know, but I believe I heard them say James suffered 70 or so highly toxic Kimo treatments. At one point his Dad, man I choke thinking of this mans lot, asked him son 'would you like to stop this torture'? No he said, lets try and beat this! Try and beat it indeed, the courage this child showed is testimony to the will to survive! Allows for others to cope.


It was for me and mine James lived and dyed. Yours too.

It is for him, this young fellow who changed the world with his courage, I bare my soul on this page. Please take heart during your time of peril. Every day we live carries new hope.


' Ya Can't Let Cancer Ruin Your Day'

No comments:

Post a Comment