Thursday, August 19, 2010

dream on / my three wishes

OK there's no disguising my love for hockey. So not surprisingly my wishes revolve around the greatest game on the planet !

Perhaps a little groundwork in order. Some of us will be aware of the fine work being done over at bernieclemente's blog where he asks about your fav sports vacation. This led to more at wmorin's place where she wants to know a fellas three wishes when it comes to events one would die to see or see before dyin' ! Hence todays attempt to answer both.



Lets start with Dupuis or Talbot or the biggest Nancy of them all Cooke getting called for 'too many dives on the ice' causing the Pen's to lose game seven to the Halak's ... sorry Hab's.










And of course the BB Briuns stop the Flyers and there dancing flamingo Carcillo. Who by the way is a second cousin to my sister-in-law. I'm so embarrassed. Almost as embarrassed as I was when I had to admit Todd Bertuzzi, while in Vancouver, related through marriage to my second cousin !










Yesire Bob , a Habs / Briuns semi would be somethin' ! Actually it is my first wish.



So in the west I have no chance at seeing my second wish except to say, and giving away my big finish, we could see a Canadian team in the semi. Yep if the Canucks could get a handle on the Buffoon ( and their emotions ) they have the parts to beat these Hawks.











We have arrived at my number one wish as a fan of hockey and its history. To see before I die an all Canadian final ! Now before all my American friends turn their noses up at the idea consider my word on this , you would never see anything like this in sport today ! The hype would be out of this world making you forget the premise we are so different. Cause , when it comes to hockey , we are not!



My ultimate choice for our party in the North . Of course my first pick would be the Battle of Alberta but that wouldn't serve the country as a whole. Ranked in order from third to first choice would be the Hab's and Canucks which could still happen , the Flames and Montreal...well it couldn't be Toronto and Calgary that would really be TO against TO wouldn't it ?

My number one, cream my jeans pump up this nation Stanley Cup wish before I croak....Edmonton Oilers face the Toronto Maple Leafs !









Now I did say this was my fantasy wish for the ages. This is what I'll probably look like by the time these two meet in the final !













but I'm afraid more than likely this...



No comments:

Post a Comment